This Almond Joy Granola is super crispy and is loaded with coconut flavor. Almond butter coconut glaze mixed with rolled oats, almonds, and topped with dark chocolate chunks and coconut flakes. It’s the perfect breakfast, snack, or can be enjoyed as a tasty treat!
Who loves the combination of coconut and dark chocolate? This Almond Joy Granola recipe is perfect those coconut and chocolate lovers. It’s a healthier indulgence and is a tasty alternative to the candy bar.
A vegan & gluten-free granola recipe
This Almond Joy Granola is healthier compared to store bought granola’s, since it is made with wholesome ingredients. It is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and is a delicious and nutritious granola recipe.
Why you’ll love this granola recipe
- This granola recipe is made with 9 ingredients and is so easy to make.
- It can be stored in the pantry for up to 1-2 weeks, if it even lasts that long.
- You can enjoy this granola recipe for breakfast, a snack, or as a crunchy topping.
This Almond Joy Granola recipe is made with 9 ingredients, that you probably have in your pantry.
- Rolled oats
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Almond butter
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut sugar
- Dark chocolate
- Vanilla extract
How to make Almond Joy Granola
In a separate, microwave safe bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Heat briefly in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or in a small saucepan, until warm, but not bubbly. Mix again.
Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry, and mix to evenly coat.
Spread onto a lined baking sheet and bake for a total of 20 minutes, stirring half-way through.
What to eat granola with
There are so many ways to enjoy this Almond Joy Granola recipe.
- Enjoy with non-dairy yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Pair granola with some non-dairy milk, and eat with a spoon.
- Sprinkle granola on top of smoothies or smoothie bowls.
- With a sweet potato potato breakfast. Such as my SunButter & Raspberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls.
- Garnish on top of oatmeal.
- By the handful, straight from the jar.
This Almond Joy Granola recipe will taste wonderful, regardless of how you enjoy it.
Tips for making this granola recipe perfectly
- Rolled oats are ideal for this recipe. I don’t recommend using quick oats, because you won’t achieve the best results.
- Use an almond butter that is runny, like a thick liquid, and made with 1 ingredient, almonds.
- While granola is baking, be sure to keep an eye on it. Depending on your oven, the cook time might differentiate. If your oven cooks faster or your granola is browning, reduce the cook time by 2-3 minutes.
- Don’t forget togently stir the granola, keeping the clusters intact, at the 10 minute mark. This helps ensure even baking.
- Let granola completely before adding the dark chocolate and coconut flakes.
Craving more breakfast ideas? You’ll also love
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Cashew Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
- SunButter & Raspberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Chocolate Hazelnut Oatmeal
If you tried this Almond Joy Granola or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Be sure to follow along on my Instagram, Pinterest, and subscribe to my email list for more recipes and updates. Also, tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe, so I can see your creation!Print
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Melt together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Stir together the oats, almonds and coconut sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry, and mix to evenly coat.
- Spread onto a lined baking sheet (or two, don’t over crowd it or it won’t crisp up right)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325ºF. Stir. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely (for the most/biggest clusters). Once cooled, stir in dark chocolate and coconut flakes, before eating or transferring to an airtight jar/container.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: granola, almond joy granola, healthy snack, gluten-free vegan granola