This thick and creamy Chocolate Banana Berry Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast recipe to start your day. It’s made with rolled oats, cacao powder, flaxseeds, non-dairy milk, and is sweetened with a ripe banana. Top it off with fresh berries, dark chocolate, a drizzle of creamy peanut butter, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds, for the ultimate breakfast treat. A rich and chocolatey breakfast, that is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, Silk
- 1 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- Fresh berries: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Dark chocolate, chopped
- Creamy peanut butter, to drizzle
- Hemp seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine oats, banana, almond milk, flaxseeds, and cacao powder. Simmer until milk has absorbed into the oats, stirring frequently to prevent burning, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place into bowl. Top with fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, chopped dark chocolate, a drizzle of creamy peanut butter, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
- If you don’t have flaxseeds, you can use chia seeds, or completely omit.
- Cacao powder can be replaced with cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder.
- Be sure your banana is ripe. The more ripe your banana is, the sweeter your oatmeal will be.
- Use any of your favorite non-dairy milk. I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can certainly use coconut or cashew milk.
- For the best texture, I use rolled oats, but you can use quick oats, or if you have more time, you can also use steel cut oats.
- Add any of your favorite toppings.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 370kcal
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: chocolate oatmeal, vegan oatmeal recipe, chocolate banana oatmeal, chocolate berry oatmeal